|Welcome to stock icon awards, an award community for stock icons. Here you can nominate stock icons under several award categories and then vote for the best. |
This community was inspired by  stock_awards, an award community that I truly adored until the hiatus came around.
The moderator is:  Christina1995x. Icons can be found throughout livejournal, but a list of quality stock icon communities and journals can be found here.
These are the categories in which icons can be nominated.
• Best Icon.
• Best Colour.
• Best Effects.
• Best Cropping.
• Best Living. (IE: Animals, insects, fish, humans.)
• Best Nature. (IE: Trees, plants, storms, etc.)
• Best Scenery. (IE: Roads, cities, storms, etc.)
• Best Object. (IE: rubber ducks, cups, candies, etc.)
• Most Emotional. (Something that inspires an emotion or memory.)
• Most Unique.
There will also be a Mod's Choice Award, but I'll pick that one from the entire batch.
See an example nomination?
• Nominations must be under a lj cut. Previews are fine.
• You may nominate two (2) icons per category.
• Please nominate in at least five (5) categories.
• You may nominate four (4) of your own icons.
• Please nominate more than one different icon maker. Try to spread the love ♥
• Icons must be from stock photography, not of any fandoms.
• Icons should be 100x100 and less than 40kb.
• No duplicate nominations.
• Nominations can only start when the round is posted.
• At the end of the round, voting polls will be posted. Please vote at that time. Voting for every category is not required, but it's nice ;)
• Do not hotlink. It's usually against the rules of icon journals. Use a free server such as ImageShack or PhotoBucket if you don't have your own server.
• When nominating, let the artist know that he or she has been nominated at Stock Icon Awards.
Monday Morning through Saturday Morning - Nominating
Saturday Morning through Sunday Afternoon - Voting
Sunday Evening - Winners will be announced.